Are you having a problem when you turn on your computer and your monitor does not turn on or has no display? Or it just goes into power saving mode? Or it couldn’t detect DVI or HDMI? I have this problem with my 23 inch LG IPS 23EA63 LED monitor and found a quick solution for it. I was having this problem for 2 days and figured out what to do to have it fix and it just takes 20 seconds to fix it.
Below are steps on how to fix your computer that turns on but no display on monitor
- Turn off your computer
- Unplug the power cord both on your computer and monitor
- On your computer press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. By doing this you are resetting the power cycle of your computer
- Plug the power cord for your computer and monitor
- Turn on your computer
Another useful troubleshooting step that you need to do is remove your video card
- Turn off the computer
- Remove the video card of your computer
- Place HDMI, DVI or VGA plug on built-in video port of your mother board
- Turn On Computer. If this method works then you need to replace your video card.
If this fix doesn’t work then please check your cable if there’s lose connection or there’s a scratch or cut to it. If that’s the case then you need to try other HDMI or DVI cable. Please let us know if this simple quick fix has work for you in the comment section below.